Accordion Shutter Care & Maintenance
Yearly storm protection maintenance is a must. We would like to provide you with maintenance recommendations . The idea is to NOT WAIT until a hurricane is near to find out that your shutters are not working properly because they have not been maintained and serviced.
- Keep your bottom accordion track clean by vacuuming the track out periodically.
- Check the top roller wheels for breakage, spraying them with silicone spray will keep them running smoothly in the track.
- The (4) vertical locking pins need to be prayed with silicone spray so that you can lock and unlock them easily.
- Try to wipe down the accordion blades to keep them clean from salt spray and dirt buildup which can varnish the paint.
- When accordion is in its closed position try to keep your Velcro and holding clip indoors away from the weather conditions.
- Spray the lock on the accordion with silicone to keep the internal gears moving freely to prevent seizing.
Rolling Shutter Care & Maintenance
- Shutters should be washed with fresh water. Sand and salt will have a tendency to build up on the shutters if they are not properly maintained.
- All guides should be lubricated with silicone spray.
- All caulked areas should be examined for cracks that occur over time.
Accordion Shutter Maintenance Includes:
All accordions will be inspected (including shutter blades, tracks and locks) to ensure they are working properly. Shutters will be cleaned of debris and the tracks, casters, & locks will be lubricates. All shutters will be checked for proper operation and locking. Accordions may have pins with thumb screws. We will open and remove thumb screws on locking pins and lubricate with "Corrosion X".